Running for the pies

Running for the pies

Thursday 23 February 2012

22nd February: Darkness

Went out this evening for a spot of night riding, one that did not involve the Hoff in any way, shape or form.


This time it was Kelv, Walshy and myself seeing as Stubo cried-off with man-flu and Mart couldn't find his lights. Following this route we meandered our way through the local area.


En route we startled one of these in a ditch and I had the bizarre experience of nearly running over a suicidal mouse which ran across from the opposite side of the road in front of me in perfect time to be squished under my front wheel. Fortunately for the squeaky fella I managed to scrub-off enough speed to just miss his tail as he scuttled past.


Today was the first time I have been out cycling recreationally in the darkness, as before this evening it has always been to get from A to B - for example on Monday night I cycled 20 miles to drop-off my mothers birthday card, so it is not a case of being lacking in previous time on the road in darkness. At least the next time I should be more familiar with the route and not nearly stack into a ditch on a hairpin bend as I did tonight!


Here's some shots of Walshy and Kelv in action:




No comments:

Post a Comment