Running for the pies

Running for the pies

Monday 20 February 2012

19th February: Longing

With the weather turning for the better this has stopped us Brits obsessing over it, (well until the next bout of cold/ hot climes as my friend Craig has summed-up on his blog) and to get on with our normal lives once more. Although this has caused the tabloid press to work harder for their corn now there's no 'cold weather snow  shocker' stories to fill space.

Bernard has been less grief this week, although this weekend should have been all about the marathon down in South Devon. Gutted I could not be there exerting myself, so the countdown to the next one starts now: 5 weeks! God I hope all will be hunky-dory ready for the big day on the Sussex coast.

My new wheels for my MTB have turned-up so I've put them on with a new 8 speed cassette to speed-up the overall ride and hopefully push myself harder and faster on my rides... The bike I ride is a right hotch-potch as I have built it from scratch, with bits being updated as I go along. With these wheels it is nearly at completion for a general road and off-road set-up. Just a new flat-bar, seat post and bar-ends to go.

So as a consequence, training has seen more cycling and swimming this week - bit boring really innit!

My footy team had a cup semi final, which unfortunately did not go as we had all hoped! From 20 minutes on they were truly chasing the game having gone 3 goals down... The 15 minutes before and after the break were bossed by us and the score was pulled back to 3-2, but shortly after a deflected shot looped over our keeper to put the opposition 2 goals to the good again. With just the result that matters in a cup tie, we had no choice but to risk everything in attacking and unfortunately paid the price... Ending up on the receiving end of a shellacking. At least a pants-drop was avoided by keeping the score below 10: The final score at 8-2.


First half defensive action at 0-3

Half time team 'talk'

Proper Sunday league here: As you can see there is underway an inspirational team-talk by a leader of men with all in rapt attention ;) and is that the goalie having a crafty half-time ciggy?

Ball crossed in from the right about to be driven in to the bottom right corner to make it 1-3

Penalty to make it 2-3... Shame this was as good as it got :(





No comments:

Post a Comment