Running for the pies

Running for the pies

Wednesday 8 April 2015

1st January: Resolutions

New year, new resolutions... My goals for this year are to:

Train more between races. By 'more' I actually mean do some training, as I have been a tad lax on this.

Drop my weight below 14 stone to help with my hill climbing in races. I currently sit at around 14 1/2 stone, which is lighter than I have previously been but the less lard I have to carry up a steep hill the better. The flip-side of this is that when I am on the downhills there will be less momentum generated by the belly to get me down quicker.

Finish in the top 50% of a marathon field. The closest I have been to this so far is around the 60% mark, with my normal performance being around the 75%, so with a bit of training I'm hoping to nail this one at least once by the year's end.

Run a sub 4 hour marathon. This means cutting 17 minutes off my PB time which I set back in April in Blackpool where it was flat and on tarmac, and with no runs on tarmac planned this year, it could prove to be the most challenging of all the resolutions.


Hit the 50 marathon marker by the year's end, which would take me to the halfway mark on the pursuit of the hundred club in just over 3 years.

Time will tell on all of these!


Eat pies.
Drink beer.
Run far.


No comments:

Post a Comment