Running for the pies

Running for the pies

Monday 11 February 2013

11th January: New Year's

The pool re-opened this week after its Christmas break so off I went to start on doing the 700m distances again so that if I manage to get in to any triathlons this year I will at least be used to swimming the required minimum distance for the swim. Something I've also noticed is that the distance from home to the pool is 10k, so if I ever want to do a full-distance as practice I can drive to the pool, do the 1.5k swim. Hop on the bike for a 24 mile ride (in a long-winded manner) back to my house and run back to the leisure centre to get the car!

I also thought that the swimming would be a good chance for my knee to clean itself out in the chlorinated water seeing as I was a bit dubious about the fluid that keeps seeping out of it when the scab breaks. After seeing what was left of the scab after the swim, it definitely appears to have nearly hit bone in 2 places and because it has torn out chunks of flesh rather than grazing or scraping its taking a lot longer to heal as it has to build from the inside-out rather than just scabbing :(

Back to cycling with Kelv joining Moose and myself and on the journey we looked for the pot-hole I 'found' but could not see it. Walshy couldn't make it so we went out for 20 miles on Friday night, taking a couple of decent hills. This was Walshy's first ride of the year and was suffering from a cold so we weren't pulling-up trees, just getting around at an average pace. Once we're up to fitness I look forward to blasting those couple of hills which have been set as time-trials on Strava, so we can see where we rank in the greater scheme of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment